Not too long ago, I created a recipe for Hot Chili Oil, but it’s not red like the ones you purchase in the stores. Plus, it is not as hot, either. I don’t know why I didn’t think of this new recipe earlier. You get to choose which type of oil from which it is made. It’s so easy, you can control the level of heat it creates, too. It looks beautiful. Enjoy!
Homemade Red Hot Chili Oil Recipe
This simple recipe will save you money from buying commercially made red hot chili oil. Plus, you can control the level of heat. Make it super hot and use even less!
- 2 tablespoons ground cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup neutral-flavored oil (Lite olive or canola oil)
- Place the oil in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat until hot, about 4 minutes. Do not allow it to get too hot or smoke as it can be become bitter. Plus, smoking is a sign of carcinogens (cancer causing agent) forming.
- Place the cayenne pepper in a glass or heat-proof measuring cup. Pour the oil over the cayenne pepper. Stir gently and set aside until it reaches room temperature, several hours.
- If desired, pour the oil through a fine mesh strainer into a heat-proof container to store, or use immediately. Leave the sediment in the original container or toss.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.