Why not combine all of your favorite desserts into one pie? One layer of no-bake cheesecake topped with a layer of pumpkin and caramel puree top an easy-to-make pecan crust. Everyone who enjoys pumpkin falls for this incredible combination. It’s always the talk-of-the-party.
People are constantly trying to guess the ingredients in each layer. They are so surprised that the crust is made of pecans and egg whites, as they think it’s a traditional graham cracker crust.
Then, they never can guess what is different about the pumpkin filling, but they love it!
Now for the cheesecake filling. They love it better than cheesecake! Why? It may be because the creamy topping is lighter and smoother than traditional cheesecake.
Note: This is another recipe from my upcoming cookbook, Carla’s Best 125 Gluten-Free Recipes.
Layered Salted Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake – (No-Bake Filling)
People love the incredible combination of lightly salted caramel and pumpkin. However, when you add a layer of whipped cheesecake filling, they are hooked.
To Make the Pie Crust:
- Make the pie crust as instructed, using a deep-dish (9-1/2 x 2-inches deep) pie dish, if available. (If you use a standard depth pie dish (9-1/2 x 1-1/2-inches), all of the pumpkin filling will not fit, but that’s okay.) Bake crust for 15 minutes. Set aside to cool while you make the fillings.
To Make the Pumpkin Caramel Filling:
- Add sugar, corn syrup, butter and salt to a medium-sized Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Slowly drizzle in the evaporated milk, continuously stirring, and keeping the mixture at a boil. Cook until the mixture reaches 235°F.
- Remove from heat and stir in pumpkin puree, cinnamon, allspice, and vanilla. Set the mixture in the freezer to cool a bit while you make the gelatin mixture.
- In a small bowl, stir the packet of gelatin into 1/4 cup water. Allow to rest for 1 minute. Then stir in 1/4 cup boiling water.
- Remove the pumpkin mixture from the freezer. Stir in the gelatin mixture. Set aside until it reaches room temperature.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Add 1 teaspoon gelatin to 2 tablespoons room temperature water, stir, and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Add 2 tablespoons boiling water, stir; set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of your mixer, add softened cream cheese. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, and beat on low and then medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in the cream and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add the gelatin mixture and beat until combined.
To Assemble the Pie:
- Scoop the cheesecake filling into the cooled pie crust. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes.
- Once the pumpkin filling reaches room temperature, pour it over the chilled cream cheese filling. Refrigerate until the pumpkin filling sets, 1 - 2 hours.
- If traveling with this pie, garnish the top with ground pecans and cover with plastic wrap. The nuts prevent the plastic wrap from sticking to the filling. If you are not traveling, you may choose only to garnish the edges with ground pecans, or lightly sweetened whipped cream.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.