Last Updated on
I have to admit that these roasted potato wedges taste more like potato skins than a side dish, but how great is that? This recipe doesn’t contain as much cheese as potato skins yet contain so much flavor. They are also naturally gluten free. These potato wedges make great appetizers served plain or with sour cream and as a side dish for breakfast, lunch, or dinner.
Roasted Potato Wedges
For the Potatoes:
- 2 pounds russet potatoes cut into wedges
- 1/4 cup oil avocado or other oil that has at least a 400°F smoke point
- 1.2 ounces 1/2 cup, mounded grated Pecorino Romano Cheese (or Parmesan)
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning see below for homemade mix
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper or for spicy
- Salt to taste
For the Italian Seasoning Mix:
- 1 tablespoon dried marjoram
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried savory
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
Preheat the oven to 400°F with a rack in the center.
Add the potato wedges to a bowl. Toss with oil; add cheese and toss again; set aside.
Combine the dry ingredients: paprika, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and cayenne pepper. Add half to the potatoes, toss, and add most of the remaining seasoning mix and toss again. Use the small amount that remains to season any sides of the potatoes that you have missed seasoning.
Transfer the potatoes to an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes.
Turn the potatoes over and bake an additional 20 minutes.
Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator up to three days.