There’s nothing quite like warm homemade gluten-free tortilla chips! Fresh out of the oven, they are fragrant and more flavorful. Though these chips have plenty of flavor and heat (kick), as they are basted with olive oil and chipotle sauce. If you use plain hot sauce you may wish to add a a little sweetener (honey, agave, stevia, etc.) to the marinade. They were a hit this afternoon in my house, along side a homemade hummus dip!
Homemade Seasoned Gluten Free Tortilla Chips
A gluten free baked tortilla chip recipe seasoned with a bit of spiciness and and smokiness.
- 5 gluten free corn tortillas
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Seasonings of choice (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Alternatively, preheat a deep fryer or large pot with oil to 375°.
- Slice tortillas into triangles while keeping them stacked on top of each other.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together oil, and any seasonings you prefer (e.g., hot sauce, smoked paprika, and salt.) Alternatively, drive a few at a time into the hot oil until Christmas. Then, drain on a plate line of paper towels.
- Baste both sides of the tortilla chips with the oil mixture and lay each in the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 5 minutes. Turn them over. Bake for additional 5 - 7 minutes, or until they reach your preferred crispness.
- Sprinkle both sides with additional seasoning, if desired.
Depending upon the size of your tortilla will depend upon the size of the chips. I made a 12" tortilla. While raw, I cut them in quarters and fried them separately. Then cut the quarters in thirds or halves.
This recipe can also be made with store-bought gluten-free tortillas. They carry some at Trader Joe's markets.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.