I have served my Chicken Korma Recipe a number of times, but usually accompanied it with plain vegetables. Recently, I decided to spice those up a little. You control the spice level. Using 1/8 teaspoon provides an ever so light amount heat. While 1/4 teaspoon is perfect for us. You may prefer 1/2 teaspoon. Enjoy this flavorful Indian green beans recipe with your favorite Indian food.
Indian Green Beans Recipe
A slightly spicy, Indian green bean recipe, perfect to serve with my chicken korma.
- 1/2 lb. frozen cut green beans
- 2 teaspoons neutral-flavored cooking oil
- 3 cloves garlic, grated or minced
- 1/2 Tablespoon mustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon dried, crushed red peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- Salt, to taste
- Bring a medium-size saucepan full of water to a boil. Add green beans and bring back to a boil. Allow to simmer for 3 minutes; and drain.
- In a 10 to 12-inch skillet, preheat oil. Add mustard seeds and garlic and brown over medium heat. Add dried peppers and stir.
- Add green beans and season with sugar and salt, to taste; and stir. Saute for about 8 minutes or until they reach your desired tenderness. Serve immediately with your favorite Indian food.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.