You may make these gluten free biscuits either with the drop method or cut them out. I already have a developed a Gluten Free Biscuits Recipe, however, I needed to test out my new Gluten Free Bisquick Recipe which I have linked to below in the ingredients section. I was very pleased the first time around. The only regret I had was that it could have used a bit more cheese, but I left the recipe as is below. I’ll leave it up to you if you desire to add more. This recipe was adapted from Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Cheddar Garlic Biscuit Recipe. I plan on trying them with an extra egg yolk or additional butter the next time I make these. Meanwhile, I hope you enjoy both of these two new recipes as much as I have already.
Cheddar Garlic Gluten Free Biscuits
A bit of cheese and the perfect touch of garlic, makes these fluffy gluten free biscuits ideal for any meal - made with Carla's homemade bisquick recipe.
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Whisk together bisquick flour blend and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; using a pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in the butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add milk, cheese and eggs; stir gently until a soft dough forms.
- Drop heaping 1/3 cups of dough onto an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake for 12 - 15 minutes. The tips and bottoms should be golden brown. If you desire the entire biscuit to be golden brown, baste with garlic butter sauce about the last 5 minutes of baking.
- In a small heat-proof cup, add butter and 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder; melt in microwave for about 20 - 30 seconds. Alternatively, you may heat it in a sauce pan on the stove top. Baste warm biscuits with garlic butter sauce and serve warm.
Feel free to create smaller sized biscuits. You'll just need to shorten the baking time.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
Visit Carla’s Gluten Free Online Store.