I was watching Paula Deen the other day and her son was on her show and made stuffed strawberries with cream cheese and powdered sugar. I made them, too, as a gluten free sugar free recipe! I can’t think of anything that I would enjoy more on a hot summer day, and did! I had so much fun testing them with different sweeteners. I didn’t care for them with agave, but enjoyed them with powdered sugar and stevia. Amazingly, I actually liked them better with stevia. I hope you enjoy these, too!
You'll never know these cheese cakes filled strawberries are sugar-free!
- 2 oz. gluten free cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia; and Lifeway Farmer Cheese [Regular, Lite, and Fat-Free - all 99% lactose-free] Soft Cheese brands are GF.)
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia (depending upon which kind you use - I use Stevita brand.)
- 1 drop pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Chocolate Ganache, chopped nuts, chopped chocolate, granola, or a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and butter (optional)
- Cream all of the above together with a butter knife.
- Cut the ends off of the strawberries (at the stem) to allow them to stand up straight.
- Cut into each strawberry about 1/2 to 2/3 way down both diagonally and horizontally, making a cross.
- Using a pastry bag or zip lock bag (with very small corner cu.t off), squeeze the cream cheese into the middle of the strawberries.
- Top with chopped pecans, walnuts, chocolate, etc. if using.
- Arrange nicely on a platter or plate, garnish with fresh mint if desired and serve.