I was watching Paula Deen the other day and her son was on her show and made stuffed strawberries with cream cheese and powdered sugar. I made them, too, as a gluten free sugar free recipe! I can’t think of anything that I would enjoy more on a hot summer day, and did! I had so much fun testing them with different sweeteners. I didn’t care for them with agave, but enjoyed them with powdered sugar and stevia. Amazingly, I actually liked them better with stevia. I hope you enjoy these, too!
Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries – Gluten Free Sugar Free!
You'll never know these cheese cakes filled strawberries are sugar-free!
For the Strawberries:
- 2 oz. gluten free cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia; and Lifeway Farmer Cheese [Regular, Lite, and Fat-Free - all 99% lactose-free] Soft Cheese brands are GF.)
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon powdered stevia (depending upon which kind you use - I use Stevita brand.)
- 1 drop pure vanilla extract (optional)
- Chocolate Ganache, crumbled gluten free graham crackers, chopped nuts, chopped chocolate, granola, or a mixture of brown sugar, cinnamon and butter (optional)
- Cream all of the above together with a butter knife.
- Cut the ends off of the strawberries (at the stem) to allow them to stand up straight.
- Cut into each strawberry about 1/2 to 2/3 way down both diagonally and horizontally, making a cross.
- Using a pastry bag or zip lock bag (with very small corner cu.t off), squeeze the cream cheese into the middle of the strawberries.
- Top with chopped pecans, walnuts, chocolate, etc. if using.
- Arrange nicely on a platter or plate, garnish with fresh mint if desired and serve.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.