Cauliflower au gratin is a great way to get that same rich, cheesy texture with a vegetable instead of potatoes. It reduces some of the carbs, as well. Though the calories in this dish are pretty high as it uses tons of cheese and cream. However, it makes a great dish for guests. Everything in moderation, right? This dish is a bit more saucier than au gratin potatoes as it does not take cauliflower as long to bake as potatoes. However extra sauce is not a bad thing at all. I’m hoping you will enjoy this cauliflower au gratin dish just as much potatoes. It’s so much easier because you don’t have to peel potatoes!
Gluten Free Cauliflower Au Gratin
Au gratin cauliflower with the same rich, creamy flavor as au gratin potatoes, but lower in carbs. Of course, it's all gluten-free!
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1/2 pound Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups grated Parmesan
- 6 ounces gluten free ricotta cheese (or gluten free cream cheese)
- Fine sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Arrange the cauliflower florets at the bottom of a 9 x 13-inch baking dish or individual dishes; add some heavy cream, Monterey Jack cheese, Parmesan, ricotta, salt and pepper. Continue layering the ingredients until they are used up.
- Place it on the middle rack of your oven and bake 30 minutes or until the cauliflower is tender. It is usually done when the sauce has thickened. Remove the dish from the oven and allow it to cool about 10 minutes before serving.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.