I’m in love, and I’m not referring to my husband. I’m in love with this honey mustard gluten free chicken recipe! I was was in a rush and need an easy gluten free chicken recipe that was low in fat and dairy-free. It was wonderful! It is similar to orange chicken, without the orange. If you’re not dairy-free you may also enjoy my Gluten Free Honey Yogurt Chicken Recipe which is also very good; and less sweet and a little creamy. However, this gluten free chicken recipe is a bit more gourmet, as it calls for white wine and other flavorful additions. Enjoy!
Similar to orange chicken, this gluten free chicken recipe calls for white wine, ginger and a few other flavorful ingredients.
- 3/4 lb. chicken fillets (boneless, skinless)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons gluten-free mustard (French's)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons dry white wine: Chablis, Chardonnay, or Sauvignon Blanc
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white balsamic vinegar (optional)
- 1 Tablespoon yellow onion, minced (or 2 teaspoons fresh onion juice)
- 1/3 teaspoon fresh ground ginger, grated or ginger paste (optional), Adds a little spice, but no heat. Double if you wish a spicier dish.)
- Preheat your broiler to high.
- Whisk together all the ingredients, except the chicken, in a bowl. Reserve about 2/3 of the mixture to use as sauce to serve with the chicken.
- Add about 1 1/2 - 1 3/4 cups of filtered water to the bottom of the broiling pan. This will help keep the chicken moist.
- Spray your broiling pan with olive oil spray or coat with olive oil.
- Place the chicken fillets on the broiling pan and baste the top with the honey mustard mixture.
- Place it in the oven, 6" away from the broiler element.
- Broil for about 5-7 minutes on each side, or until a little brown and no longer pink in the center.
- Strain the sauce you set aside. Serve the chicken along side the extra sauce. (You never want to serve an uncooked sauce that has been contaminated with raw meat. This is why you divide the sauce in 2 portions.) If you do not have mini prep bowls, place a larger bowl of sauce for everyone to help themselves.