I am about to make a meatloaf muffin recipe that calls for Stove Top stuffing mix. Since Stove Top does not make gluten-free stuffing I am making my own homemade seasoned gluten free croutons recipe. You can use these croutons in gluten-free stuffing, as well, with or without the seasonings. I hope you find this recipe useful. My husband who gladly uses gluten croutons, likes these better! Tomorrow I will post the meatloaf muffin recipe using these gluten free croutons. They are going to be so cute, individual meatloafs!
Seasoned Gluten Free Croutons
A gluten free croutons recipe that will taste better than any packaged croutons made with gluten.
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons butter (or oil, if making diary-free and casein-free) (I used unsalted butter.)
- 3-4 slices of Udi's White Sandwich Bread (I used 2 ends and 2 regular slices, equaling 2.7 oz. in weight) or other gluten-free bread of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Pinch of fine sea salt
- Stack bread slices on top of one another and cut them into strips; then into cubes; between 1/4" x 1/4" and 1/3" x 1/3"
- Melt butter in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add bread cubes to frying pan and stir to coat with butter.
- Add seasonings and toss well.
- Fry on medium-high to high heat until crunchy and golden brown. If they start to brown too quickly, lower the heat. If they become too brown too fast and remove them before they are crunchy enough you can always leave them out to stale naturally and they will be nice and crunchy.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.