Perhaps you’ve already tried Carol Kicinski’s Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookie Recipe. Well, these are another favorite, Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Oats. The twist? They are sugar-free and contain oats. Feel free to use another sugar-free alternative, other than xylitol. And if you’re corn-free, use a birch derived xylitol. Meanwhile, these flourless gluten free peanut butter cookies are packed with fiber, are low in carbs and yummy! Add chocolate chips, if desired. This gluten free recipe is so easy, any additions are cinch!
Sugar Free Gluten Free Peanut Butter Cookies with Oatmeal
An easy gluten free sugar free peanut butter cookies recipe using birch-derived xylitol.
- 3/4 cup xylitol (birch derived is healthier than corn derived)
- 1/2 cup natural creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups gluten free oats
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Add xylitol and baking powder to a bowl; whisk together well.
- Add peanut butter; mix well.
- In a separate bowl, add egg and vanilla; whisk well; add to peanut butter mixture and combine.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold in oats until evenly distributed.
- Measure 1/8 cup (2 Tablespoons) of dough and roll into a ball or form from measuring cup. Flatten dough to almost 3" wide with palm of hand atop a parchment or oiled baking sheet. Space about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 14-15 minutes.
- Allow the cookies to cool for 3-5 minutes and then transfer to a cooling rack until completely cooled.
If using unsalted peanut butter add 1/4 teaspoon sea salt.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.