I became tired of the same old zucchini recipes so I started experimenting again. This recipe takes few ingredients, usually found right in your kitchen. You marinate them and cook in a baking sheet (less clean up). Prep time and cook time is short. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Broiled Marinated Zucchini
- 3 zucchini
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 dried teaspoon rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano or 1/4 teaspoon fresh
- Pinch of ground thyme or 1/4 teaspoon fresh
- 15 turns of fresh ground black pepper
- 3 -4 shakes of sea salt
- Wash zucchini and trim ends.
- Cut in half length-wise; then slice each of the halves in 3 slices length-wise (6 slices total per each zucchini)
- With a steak knife, poke several holes in the zucchini, about 12 holes in each slice.
- Place them in a baking sheet in a single layer.
- Combine all remaining ingredients in a measuring cup; whisk together; pour atop the zucchini slices.
- Coat all slices with marinade on both sides.
- Allow to marinate for as long as you wish. I marinated mine for about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to broil (high) and broil on top shelf to desired tenderness and color. Turn them once during cooking. If you wish them al dente (firm) broil them for a total of 4 - 5 minutes. If you like a softer vegetable, broil them for about 4 1/2 minutes on the second to the top shelf; turn them over; move to the top shelf and broil for about 2 1/2 minutes; turn over again and broil for about 2 minutes or until brown as in the photo above.
These can also be grilled by placing them in foil and placing them on the grill until they reach the desired tenderness.
Serve as an antipasto (appetizer at the table).
Serve as a vegetable with a meal.
Serve to compliment any sandwich, especially on ciabatta, foccaccia or panini breads (Italian breads). Panini breads are wonderful grilled. These breads are not gluten free.
Top with balsamic drizzle.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.