Being half Italian, once in awhile I just get a craving for polenta. This creamy, cheesy, gluten free polenta recipe was a welcome change compared to the plain creamy polenta I usually make. You can spice it up with fresh garlic or powdered; use milk, or a dash of whipping cream; anything your heart desires. Two different kinds of cheese work best, but you do not need to stick with the Parmesan and cheddar listed below. Dive in and experiment with your favorite ingredients!
Cheesy Gluten Free Polenta
A creamy, cheesy, gluten free polenta - made quickly for a weeknight meal or for guests. Add garlic; milk, cream, or water. A bit of Italy right in your home.
- 3 cups water (or milk)
- 3/4 cup polenta, Golden Pheasant brand (or Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free Medium Cornmeal)
- 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder (optional)
- 1 1/3 cups cheddar cheese, grated, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup butter
- Combine water, polenta, salt, and garlic powder, if using, in 2 quart casserole dish; cover; microwave for 4 minutes; stir; cook for another 4 minutes. (Or use package directions for stove top cooking.)
- Add butter and cheddar; stir until melted; serve warm.
The photo turned out darker than the polenta actually turns out. It's not orange at all. The cheese barely changes the color of the polenta.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.