Summer time is almost here which calls for the need of multiple salad recipes. To make a successful chopped salad you want to use lots of color and make sure you use dry lettuce. You can use whatever you have on hand. I have listed some very colorful options below. I also included a very easy chipotle salad dressing (tex mex salad dressing, if you wish) to go with this chopped salad recipe, but of course you can use your favorite salad dressing. Enjoy!
The Secret to a Good Chopped Salad – Plus Chipotle Tex Mex Dressing
A simple, yet delicious salad. Finely chopping salad ingredients increases flavor - plus a tex mex dressing!
To Make the Salad:
- In a food processor pulsate celery, carrots and red onion.
- Chop the lettuce, and if using, red cabbage, by hand. Ensure that the lettuce is dry.
- Cut the avocado and/or artichoke hearts into bite size pieces.
- Peel, seed and chop the cucumbers.
- Seed and chop the tomatoes.
- Toss everything together and serve with dressing below.
To Make the Dressing:
- Add Greek yogurt and mayonnaise in a small bowl; whisk together.
- Add vinegar and stevia to taste.
- Add filtered water if you wish it to be thinner.
- Whisk together and serve.
Because this salad is very dense you will not need to make the portion sizes very large. It is a very filling salad.
Note: This recipe is not sugar free, as the chipotle sauce I use contains sugar.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.