Since my fluffy gluten free cinnamon rolls recipe was such a big hit I thought I would swap the filling for something a bit more elegant. Chocolate ganache suited perfectly. The creamy texture of the ganache adds an additional texture to this dessert which is an important component in the culinary field. Your guest, friends, and/or family will appreciate your efforts as well as this dessert. I hope they enjoy it.
Gluten Free Chocolate Swirl Rolls
A refreshing twist on my gluten free cinnamon rolls recipe using a chocolate ganache filling instead of cinnamon, sugar, and butter. They're individually portioned for ease of serving and an amazing presentation.
- To make the ganache, follow the instruction indicated in the Chocolate Ganache recipe linked above. Do not refrigerate the ganache, but allow it to firm at room temperature. You want it to be soft enough to spread easily on the dough without tearing it. Set it aside at room temperature.
- To make the dough, follow the instructions indicated in the link above for Fluffy Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls recipe, but instead of rolling the dough out all together, and thick, take pieces of the dough and roll them out thinner.
- Instead of using the cinnamon-sugar and butter to coat the cinnamon rolls, use the ganache and spread it as thick as you desire. If has become too thick rewarm it on low in the microwave or on the stove top in a glass proof bowl over simmering water.
- Roll the dough as instructed. Slice the dough into 1/2-inch circles. Once risen the second time, transfer the dough rolls to greased ramekins that are about 1-inch high, arranged in a circle. Add one to the middle; and bake on 375°F instead of 400°F as stated in the cinnamon rolls recipe, and until they are golden brown.
- Allow to cool before serving.
You may have left over ganache, but it keeps in the refrigerate for at least a couple of weeks. You can rewarm it and use it as an ice cream topping, frosting, and for other various desserts.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.