In preparation for my newly developed gluten free tiramisu recipe, I thought you’d appreciate an inexpensive way to make your own gluten free chocolate liqueur. You may use this recipe in baking immediately though I suggest for use in cocktails to wait about 1 week for it to ferment. Now, you’ll not only be able to make a delicious tiramisu, but your favorite chocolate martinis, or by adding cream, your own creme de cocoa, and many more cocktail favorites. I hope you enjoy this recipe as well as my Gluten Free Tiramisu Cake Recipe soon.
Homemade Chocolate Liqueur
A chocolate liqueur recipe almost as good as the real thing, without the high cost.
- 1 ounce unsweetened, gluten-free baking chocolate
- 1/3 + 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup Gluten-Free Vodka*
- Add chocolate, sugar, and water to a heat-proof bowl over 2-inches of hot simmering water. When the chocolate begins to melt stir until it fully melts.
- Using a mesh strainer, drain into a glass container, and allow to cool for 10 minutes.
- Add vodka and stir.
- Line a clean mesh strainer with a double layer of cheesecloth. Strain mixture again into a glass jar. Using a spoon, push chocolate granules to the side, allowing the liquid to easily drain into the container.
- Set aside at room temperature to cool completely. Add vanilla, cover, and shake.
- Store at room temperature for at least 2 days for use in cooking or baking, 1 week or longer for drinking. Shake before using. You may need to strain it again.
- Serve straight up, over ice, with cream (layered or blended), or in chocolate martinis. You can also use it to make dessert fillings, cakes, or coffee. Multiply recipe as needed.
*Use vodka that fits your dietary needs. Some brands of vodka are derived from glutenous grains which is controversial. If you know you cannot tolerate alcohol made from glutenous grains use the following brands, all made in the United States.
Corn: Deep Eddy, Devotion (non-GMO corn), Rain (white corn), Tito’s, UV
Potato: Zodiac, Boyd & Blair, Chase, Cirrus, Grand Teton, Glacier, Blue Ice
Vodka (certified gluten-free)
Grapes, Apples, Wine, and Sugar: Azure
Wine Grapes Only: Firefly
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.