I love making crepes because you can do so many things with them. Filled them with sweets and serve them for breakfast, brunch or dessert. Fill them with savory meat and sauces for lunch, dinner, or an appetizer. This particular gluten free crepes recipe uses the zest (grated peel) of fresh lemon to create spectacular flavor. Enjoy!
Zest up your crepes and other dishes with this delicious lemon gluten free crepes recipe. Serve them with sweet or savory fillings.
To Make the Gluten Free Crepes:
- Add all ingredients to a blender. Pulse until smooth. Refrigerate batter until to allow the bubbles to pop, about 60 to 75 minutes. You can make the batter up to two days in advance.
- Melt butter in a 9-inch, non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Pour 1/4 cup of batter in the center of the pan and quickly swirl it around to coat the entire pan. (If it doesn't coat the entire bottom, your batter is too thick.) Increase heat to medium-high. Cook the batter until it sets on top and the bottom is golden brown is spots. To turn it over, shake the pan until a small area of the skillet shows. Using a spatula, turn it over. Cook until the crepe is golden brown on the second side, about 20 - 30 seconds.
- Reduce heat to medium and continue making additional crepes as directed above. Adjust temperature as needed.
To Make the Ricotta Filling:
- Whisk the ricotta and honey together. Serve the ricotta as a filling or on the side of the crepes.
- Fold the crepes as you would an enchilada; or fold them in half and then half again.
You can serve your lemon crepes with thinly slices of lemon sauteed in butter.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.