I’ve been receiving more and more request for meals in a mug recipes, as well as individual portion-sized recipes. This gluten free meatloaf in a mug can be made in about five minutes, two of which is for cooking. Surprisingly, the flavor is one of the best-tasting meatloaves I’ve had. It is a spinoff of my Sweet & Savory Gluten Free Meatloaf Recipe for the oven, without the sweetness. It’s heavy on the meat, making it a protein-packed meal. It looks like one big meat ball!
Gluten Free Meatloaf in a Mug
An easy yet flavorful gluten free meatloaf in a mug recipe for college students, small apartment dwellers and busy people.
- 3/4 cup (7 oz.) ground beef (grass fed recommended)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons gluten free quick cooking oats (or GF breadcrumbs)
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons gluten free Worcestershire sauce (Lea & Perins Original)
- 1 Tablespoon milk of choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Oil or gluten free spray oil, for cup
- Spray an 8-oz. mug with gluten free cooking spray such as olive oil spray.
- Place ground beef in a small bowl.
- Add oats, Worcestershire sauce, milk, and cheese and using your hands combine well.
- Shape the mixture into a ball and transfer into the prepared mug. (Alternatively, shape into a patty and fry it on both sides until no longer pink inside.)
- Microwave on high for 2 1/2 minutes. During the cooking, empty all liquid from the mug about three times, or as needed, to prevent splattering.
- Transfer cooked meatloaf into a clean mug and garnish with fresh parsley, ketchup, tomato paste, or spaghetti sauce. Just be sure whatever you add, that it is gluten free.
If you only enjoy meatloaf with ketchup, feel free to substitute the Worcestershire sauce for ketchup. This is recommended for kids as Worcestershire sauce is spicy),
Ingredients in Lea & Perrins Original Worcestershire Sauce:
Ingredients: distilled white vinegar, molases, water, sugar, onions, anchovies, salt, garlic, cloves, tamarind extract, natural flavorings, chili pepper extract. Contains anchovies.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.