For oreo lovers, this gluten free oreo cheesecake will surely please them all. It’s rich, sweet, and oh so delicious. Have your gluten-eating friends and family rave about this dessert. Make the oreo cookie recipe provided in the link below, or purchase Pamela’s gluten free extremely chocolate mini bites/wafers and fill them with the filling in the oreo cookie recipe. Then go to town, as will your guests. It’s one of the recipes that you wish you had leftovers!
UPDATE January 31, 2021: This recipe has been updated and improved!
Gluten Free Oreo Cookie Cheesecake
A gluten free cheesecake that is too delicious for words. "Oh my" is about all you'll hear.
- To Make the Crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grind cookies using your food processor until they form fine crumbs.
- Combine melted butter and vanilla and add to the food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Transfer the cookie mixture to an ungreased 9-inch pie plate and press into the bottom and slightly up the sides; bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Reduce the oven's temperature to 300°F and close the door.
- To Make the Filling:
- In the bowl of your mixer, cream together the cream cheese and sugar.
- Add the sour cream and vanilla and beat on medium speed until well combined.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition just until combined.
- Chop the cookies and add them to the batter and fold in.
- Bake for 60 - 75 minutes on center rack of oven and until the center no long jiggles. Cover with foil if the top begins to brown.
- Turn the oven off and leave the door open for 1 hour. (Slowly cooling the cheesecake prevents cracking.) Place on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Loosen the edges with a knife or frosting spatula and allow to cool further. Remove ring and refrigerate overnight or at least 6 hours.
- While cheesecake is chilling, make the chocolate ganache as instructed in the link above. Cool until still runny. If you refrigerate it for too long it will set. In that case, just microwave in intervals on low heat until it melts some and stir until it fully melts. Drizzle on each serving plate and on top of each slice, as desired. If you have a squeeze bottle such as a ketchup dispenser, add ganache to it and squeeze out.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.