Serve these delicious stuffed avocados as a first course, for lunch, or as a side. The Tex-Mex stuffing is sure to please. The balsamic vinaigrette is a special treat as it is made of a balsamic reduction, thick and sweet.
Gluten Free Tex-Mex Stuffed Avocado with Balsamic Vinaigrette
A gluten free Tex-Mex stuffed avocado with a zesty balsamic vinaigrette. Perfect for summertime meals.
For the Dressing:
- 1 recipe Balsamic Drizzle
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 scallion, whites and crisp light greens only, minced
- 1 Tablespoon gluten-free dijon mustard (French's or Grey Poupon)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
For the Stuffed Avocado:
- 2 avocados, halved and pitted
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large yellow bell pepper diced
- 1/2 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 1 portobello mushroom, stems and gills removed, quartered, and thinly sliced (or 3 button mushrooms) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
For the Salad:
- 1 head lettuce
- 4 button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 large tomato, cut into wedges
- Cooked chicken breast, torn in pieces (optional)
To Make the Dressing:
- Make the balsamic drizzle and allow to cool.
- Whisk in olive oil, shallot, and dijon mustard until smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside to develop the flavor.
To Make the Stuffed Avocado:
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss the peppers, onion, and mushrooms, if using.
- Sprinkle with paprika and toss again.
- Fill the pitted avocado halves and set aside.
To Make the Green Salad:
- Tear lettuce and transfer to a four salad plates.
- Top with tomato wedges and sliced button mushrooms. If desired, add torn pieces of cooked chicken breasts.
- Serve the stuffed avocados and salad with balsamic vinaigrette dressing.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.