After watching this video recipe on Raspberry Ganache Fudge Cake I have been wanting to try it. Unfortunately, I had no avocado for the frosting, nor raspberries for the filling. Darn! I tried a different spin on things and made a smaller portion of what I really would like to call “guilt-free” raw fudge. This raw fudge makes a great dessert, as well as a snack, and is also low-sodium, low-fat, vegan, gluten-free and dairy-free dessert. And healthy, too!
It is really yummy, and definitely satisfies the sweet tooth, as well as any chocolate cravings. What a great healthy dessert or snack!
- 1 cup pitted organic medjool dates (not compacted)
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 3 heaping Tablespoons unsweetened cacao powder
- Extra walnuts for topping (optional)
- Add all of the above ingredients in a food processor and pulsate until the nut are still visible in small chunks and the ingredients have formed together in several small masses.
- On a small chopping board form the mixture into a square almost 1" high. I made one about 4" x 5" x 1".
- Refrigerate for about 15 minutes.
- Cut into squares and top with an extra walnut (or not). If you wish to make a nice presentation and some pieces are larger than others, just cut a piece off and form a new piece with the extras.
- Refrigerated any left-overs.
I am going to add an additional tablespoon of cacao next time. I am sure it will be able to maintain the correct consistency, but I love chocolate!
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.