These allergen-free apple oat bars are so good! If you have not-so-good apples lying around, this is a perfect way to use them. Their chewy texture and maple flavor compliment the oats and apple perfectly. Since they contain no refined sugar or white starch like tapioca, potato starch, etc., you can feel good about serving them to kids. Plus, they contain added protein. They will be enjoyed by all.
Chewy Apple Oat Bars (Allergen-Free)
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free whole rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten free oat flour or ground oats
- 1/4 cup sprouted organic hemp seeds (for added protein and a nutty flavor)
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 2 apples grated (2-1/4 cups not packed)
- 7 pitted dates 2.1 ounces
- 1/4 cup full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons gluten free brown rice syrup (Lundberg)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat the oven to 350⁰F; oil a 9 x 9-inch nonstick pan or line with parchment paper if not nonstick; set aside.
Add all of the ingredients to the bowl of your food processor in the order listed and pulse until thoroughly combined.
Evenly distribute in the prepared pan using a silicone or rubber spatula.
Bake on the center shelf of the oven for 20 minutes or the bars begin to pull away from the sides of the pan and edges begin to brown.
Allow the bars to thoroughly cool in the pan on a wire rack.
Slice into 16 2×2-inch squares and serve. Cover leftovers and store on the countertop. Freeze any leftovers that will not be consumed within 3 days.