These gluten free chicken nuggets are fast and easy to make. The great thing about them is that you bake them instead of deep-frying. This makes a healthier gluten-free dinner. Use the recipe for homemade seasoned bread crumbs, or add dried herbs and/or parmesan cheese to commercial gluten free bread crumbs. You can even grind up gluten-free cereal or crackers to substitute for the bread crumbs. No matter what sauce you dip them in, they are delicious, even plain!
Baked Gluten Free Chicken Nuggets
An easy to prepare and fast to bake gluten free chicken nuggets recipe that is healthier because you bake them!
- 2 1/3 cups Seasoned Gluten Free Bread Crumbs
- fine sea salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk (or dairy-free milk)
- 1/4 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour (or plain flour such as rice flour)
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2 x 1-inch cubes
- Gluten-free spray oil
- Preheat oven to 350°. Lightly oil baking sheet and set it aside. Make the gluten free seasoned bread crumbs as directed in the above link. Alternatively, use your favorite bread crumbs and season as desired. Add salt and pepper, to taste, and transfer to a shallow bowl or dish.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and whisk in milk.
- Add the flour to a clean paper bag, add chicken, and shake until all pieces are coated evenly.
- Working in batches, dip pieces of chicken into the egg mixture, allowing excess egg to drip away.
- Transfer chicken pieces to bread crumb dish and coat thoroughly.
- Transfer completed pieces of chicken to the prepared baking pan.
- Spray the tops of all of the pieces with cooking oil spray and bake until thoroughly cooked, about 15 minutes.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.