I needed to create a recipe to use up some aging flours. I thought, “Why not a gluten free pancake recipe?” There must be thousands of variation of pancakes, but I chose one I thought was unique, in that it did not contain any eggs or gum. That did not work out very well, therefore I adapted it. The recipe originated from one of Nutsonline’s Gluten Free Pancakes recipes. They were delish and I feel that they are a bit more healthy than a typical recipe. These were delish, and are dairy-free and egg-free! Enjoy!
Chestnut Cinnamon Gluten Free Pancakes (Dairy Free and Egg Free)
Delicious gluten free pancakes, packed with protein and fiber.
- 1 cup chestnut flour
- 1/2 cup amaranth flour
- 1/4 cup white rice flour (I used superfine rice flour.)
- 1/2 tapioca starch, potato starch, or arrowroot powder (tapioca tends to make lighter pancakes)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon guar gum (or 1/3 teaspoon xanthan gum)
- 1 1/4 cups dairy-free milk of your choice (I used Homemade Rice Milk Recipe.)
- 1/4 cup applesauce (or pureed pumpkin or pureed banana)
- 3 Tablespoons oil (I used grape seed oil.)
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup, honey or agave syrup
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and whisk thoroughly.
- Preheat griddle or frying pan with oil; scoop 1/4 cup for each pancake. Cook for 2 1/2 minutes and then turn over. Cook for an additional 2 - 1 1/2 minutes.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
Check out more Gluten Free Pancakes Recipes:
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
Gluten-free Berry Cheesecake Pancakes
Gluten Free Buckwheat and Oat Pancakes (or Waffles)
Gluten Free Potato Pancakes
Gluten Free Banana Pancakes