A creamy, decadent, gluten free pumpkin pie recipe with an easy, no-bake, cream filling. The pie crust recipe calls for Pamela’s Products cookies and bakes in only 10 minutes. The rest is a piece of…pie! Enjoy.
Link You May Need:
Crunchy Gluten Free Chocolate Wafers
Creamy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe with Chocolate Crust
With only 10 minutes of baking required, you can have this creamy gluten free pumpkin pie recipe made in a jiffy - topped with whipped cream, agave caramel sauce, and chocolate shavings.
For the Crust:
- 1 (7-ounce) package Pamela's Products Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies or Gluten Free Chocolate Wafers Recipe*
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
For the Filling:
- 1 15-oz. can 100% pumpkin puree
- 1 large (5.1-oz.) Jell-O brand vanilla instant pudding
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 recipe Sweetened Whipped Cream, frozen and divided
- Agave Caramel Sauce
- 2 oz. gluten free dark chocolate, for shavings
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Grind cookies using your food processor until they form fine crumbs.
- Combine melted butter and vanilla and add to the food processor. Pulse until combined.
- Transfer chocolate mixture to a 9-inch pie plate and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove crust from oven and allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make the Agave Caramel Sauce as instructed in the link above, and set it aside.
- Combine pumpkin, pudding mix, evaporated milk and pumpkin pie spice in large mixer bowl; beat for 1 minute or until blended.
- Fold in 1 1/2 cups whipped cream and scoop into cooled crust. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until firm. Freeze remaining whipped cream.
- Allow pie to stand at room temperature for about 20 minutes prior to serving or in the refrigerator for about 1 hour prior to serving.
- When ready to serve, top with remaining whipped cream.
- If needed, microwave the caramel enough to soften it, or allow it to sit in hot water. Once softened, drizzle the top of the whipped cream with the sauce.
- Using a paring knife, scrape the side of the chocolate to make chocolate curls and sprinkle on top of the pie. Serve immediately.
- To make the pumpkins that you see in the photo, I made a packaged gluten free chocolate cake, crumbled a portion of it up and formed cake pops. Then I covered them with orange gluten free fondant, made slices near the top, and added a carved piece of chocolate on top.
Pamela's SimpleBites Mini Extreme Chocolate Cookies are no longer available. Instead, make a batch of the Crunchy Gluten Free Chocolate Wafers recipe linked above, using just 7 ounces, and omit the step of dipping them in chocolate.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.