A gluten free pumpkin pie recipe with a traditional filling. The use of both granulated sugar and brown sugar create a caramelized flavor that is hard to resist. Top it with homemade whipped cream or a gluten free ready-made brand such as Cabot. For a dairy-free topping, try the crunchy praline topping. The crust tastes amazing, as well, and is fairly easy to handle and roll.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Pie Recipe
A gluten free pumpkin pie recipe that is creamy with a caramel flavor due to the addition of brown sugar. The combination of granulated and brown sugar create the perfect texture and flavor.
- Make a single pie crust as directed in the recipe link above through steps 12.
- In a double boiler or in a heat-proof bowl over boiling water, lowered to simmer, heat pumpkin for about 10 minutes.
- Whisk in eggs, brown sugar, sugar, milk, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and butter, and cook until thickened and forms a custard that coats the back of a spoon.
- Pour into the crust and bake for 15 minutes at 425°F. Lower heat to 350°F and bake an additional 30 minutes or until the center jiggles slightly when the pie plate is shaken. (If crust is not browning to your desire, brush edges with melted butter.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool at room temperature and refrigerate to chill completely.
- Slice and serve topped with sweetened whipped cream, if desired.
To Make the Praline Topping:
- In a bowl, toss together pecans, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Add corn or brown rice syrup and butter.
- Sprinkle with salt and stir with a wooden spoon to combine.
- The last 5 minutes of baking, top the pumpkin pie with the praline topping.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.