Nut crusts are the easiest pie crusts you can make. This recipe is full of flavor and is always a hit at parties. It is similar in texture to using graham crackers but with a little more crunch and contains far fewer carbohydrates than traditional crust.
Flouless Pecan Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe
A super easy, yet extremely flavorful gluten free pie crust recipe that everyone can enjoy.
- 1-2/3 cups (6 ounces) ground pecans
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (for pumpkin desserts only)
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves (for pumpkin desserts only)
- 1 large egg white
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In the bowl of your food processor, pulse to grind nuts to a fine crumb. Do not over-process or it will turn into pecan paste. Add brown sugar, cinnamon, and allspice, and ginger and cloves, if using. Pulse until combined.
- Add egg white and pulse until large dough balls form.
- Transfer mixture to an ungreased pie dish. Press and distribute dough on the bottom and up the sides.
- Bake 10 - 15 minutes. Using a fork, stab the bottom of the crust several times to allow steam to escape any bubbles under the crust. If using a no-bake filling, set aside to cool on a wire rack, about 45 minutes. If baking your filling, follow the instructions in your recipe.
When omitting ginger and cloves from this recipe, substitute them for additional cinnamon, if desired.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
7 Replies to “Flourless Pecan Gluten Free Pie Crust Recipe”
How well would this freeze once it is baked? I’m planning to use this crust with some vegan cashew cheesecakes and all the recipes say to set them up in the freezer.
This pie freezes very well. I froze mine before a holiday party. In addition, my new favorite crust is the almond crust: https://glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-pie-crust-with-almond-flour/. It’s amazing and even receives high praise from gluten eaters.
Could I substitute organic maple syrup for the brown sugar?
What is the recipe for this pie? It looks like pumpkin cheesecake and I would love that.
You can use half recipe of the No-Bake Gluten Free Cheese Cake and and chill. Then make this caramel recipe: http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/gluten-free-caramel-candy…/ and stir in some gluten-free pumpkin puree. Top with additional caramel sauce and sweetened whipped cream – http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/homemade-whipped-cream/. Here’s the link to Agave Caramel Sauce – http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/agave-caramel-sauce…/ and here’s one to Dulce de Leche – http://glutenfreerecipebox.com/dulce-de-leche-recipe/.
I’m trying to save this to a word doc and its not working,,… could there be anything on your end making this copy weird, like 1″ wide of text over 6 pages… ? thanks!
I’m not sure what you are experiencing in MS Word. I can copy up to about 4 lines at a time into Word 2013 fine. Sorry.