The richest, most moist gluten free chocolate pancakes recipe you’ll ever have or need. Top with chocolate ganache, peanut butter or Nutella spread, and gluten-free oats, if desired.
Gluten Free Chocolate Pancakes
The richest, most moist gluten free chocolate pancakes recipe. Top with chocolate and/or peanut butter or Nutella spread, and gluten-free oats, if desired.
- 3/4 cup Carla's Gluten Free All Purpose Flour Blend recipe
- 1/4 cup pure unsweetened cocoa powder (or Rodelle Dutch Processed cocoa powder)
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon gluten free baking powder (Rumford, Bob's Red Mill, Featherweight)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk (or heavy whipping cream (or dairy-free milk
- + 2 Tbsp vinegar allowed to rest for 15 minutes)
- 2/3 cup non-fat milk (or milk of choice)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 2/3 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Neutral flavored cooking oil, for frying
- 1/2 recipe Chocolate Ganache (or Raw Dairy-Free Chocolate Ganache (optional)
- Natural creamy or crunchy peanut butter (or Nutella hazel nut spread) (optional)
- In a larger bowl, combine flour blend, cocoa powder, sugar, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk eggs, add melted butter, buttermilk, milk, vinegar, and vanilla, and combine using a wooden spoon.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture, add milk mixture, and stir.
- Preheat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake, leaving room to turn them over. Cook for about 3 minutes, turn them over, and cook for an additional 60 to 90 seconds.
- Top with chocolate ganache and peanut butter, Nutella, or nut spread, and if desired, sprinkle some gluten-free oats on top.
Dutch processed cocoa powder will produce a darker, deeper colored pancake.
You may also substitute 1/4 of flour blend for 1/4 cup of gluten-free oats.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.