I love my Eggnog Cheesecake recipe because you can do so much with it. Adding a chocolate cookie crust and chopped chocolate cookies and topping it with ganache, gives it an entire new look and flavor. The cheesecake itself doesn’t taste like eggnog, but it’s a wonderful way to use the little you have left. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Eggnog Chocolate Cookie Cheesecake
When you have a little eggnog to use, making cheesecake is the perfect way to use it up! It replaces things such as 1 cup of sour cream in traditional recipes. The combination of cheesecake and chocolate is never a bad a thing!
To Make the Crust:
- Make a half recipe of the Thin Mints cookie dough. Place broken pieces of the dough onto a baking sheet. Bake for 20 minutes in a preheated 275ºF oven. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once cool, set aside about 1/3 cup of cookie pieces aside that you will later add to the filling. Grind remaining chunks of cookies in a food processor until crumbs form. Pulse in 1/4 cup sugar and 4 tablespoons melted butter. Set aside.
- Oil a large springform pan or 9-inch round by 2-inch deep pie dish.
- Press crust mixture into the bottom and up the sides of the dish. Bake on center shelf for 10 minutes. Set on a wire rack to cool.
To Make the Filling:
- Make the filling in the eggnog cheesecake recipe (1/2 recipe for a pie dish and 1 recipe for the springform pan.
- Pour batter into crust. Push the cookie chunks into the batter. Try to evenly distribute them. Some should be near the surface, and other in the middle.
- Bake for about 65 minutes or until set.
- Turn oven off. Leave cheesecake in the oven with the door open for about 1 hour to cool slowly.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool to room temperature.
To Make the Ganache:
- Make 1 recipe chocolate ganache using 6 additional tablespoons cream.
- Pour ganache on top of cooled cheesecake and refrigerate until set.
- Once chilled, slice using a knife dipped in hot water and serve.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.