Trading in butter for another fat, this gluten free limoncello cake is to die for! Lemon flavors are reminiscent of summer just like lemonade! Make this amazing cake using limoncello liqueur or an easy homemade substitute. I’ve included dairy and egg substitutes.
Gluten Free Limoncello Cake
Moist gluten free limoncello cake with a lemon jelly swirl and topped with limoncello icing.
To Make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 9-inch cake pan with nonstick cooking spray and line with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, whisk together the Cream cheese eggs, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, sugar and limoncello in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, and salt. Gently stir the dry ingredients into the wet (do not over mix or the cake will be tough). Pour cake mixture into prepared tin.
- If using, heat the lemon marmalade in a small saucepan. Place teaspoon-sized dollops here and there on the top of the batter in the amount that meets your desired tastes. Using a butter knife, swirl the marmalade into the top of the batter.
- Bake in the preheated oven until top is golden and a skewer inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean, about 35 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool slightly.
To Make the Limoncello Icing:
- In a small bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar and limoncello until smooth.
- Drizzle the icing over the cake in a back and forth fashion. If not using the lemon marmalade, glaze the entire top as it adds moisture to the cake itself once left to rest.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.