A quick and easy way to make delicious and fluffy gluten free marshmallow cream to use as a frosting or filling is to use a gluten-free brand such as Marshmallow Fluff. However, you can make it at home from scratch (see below recipe). This way, you can be certain of what it contains and know that it is 100% free of gluten. Kids love this stuff!
As you can see in the photo, this is my second version of a s’more cupcake. For the other version click here.
Gluten Free Marshmallow Frosting or Filling
Fluffy gluten free marshmallow cream recipe to use as a filling or to fill your favorite desserts. Make it your way, gooey or fluffy. Kids love it!
- 2 large egg whites, at room temperature (or 2 tablespoons liquid from can of cannellini beans)
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Tiny pinch salt
- 1/4 cup light corn syrup (or gluten free brown rice syrup - Lundberg) (for a gooey texture) (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract (or gluten free artificial clear vanilla)
- Add egg whites, sugar, cream of tartar, salt and (corn syrup, if using) to a heat-proof bowl and whisk to combine. Place over a saucepan of simmering water (not touching bowl). Constantly whisk until the mixture becomes hot, about 5 minutes and when it reaches about 148°F.
- Pour the mixture into the bowl of your electric mixer and beat on low speed for about 1 minute. Increase the speed to high and whisk until stiff peaks form, about 6 minutes.
- Add vanilla and whisk just until combined.
- Use immediately in your favorite desserts. When piping into fancy designs, you may use a torch to brown the edges. Use as a frosting or to fill cupcakes or whoopie pies.
You can also substitute gluten free marshmallow fluff for the corn syrup.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.