When you’re having guests over, one of the easiest recipes to serve is a parfait. This gluten free cheesecake parfait is perfect for the holidays as it is topped with a sweet and tangy cranberry compote. The realistic graham cracker crumbs are also easy to make in advance. Your gluten-eating guests will never know this is a gluten free parfait.
This recipe is available to everyone.
Gluten Free Cranberry Cheesecake Parfait
What else could be better or easier than making a gluten free parfait in advance? It creates more time for you to spend with your guest. They'll enjoy this festive holiday treat.
To Make the Cranberry Topping:
- Place the cranberries, sugar, and juice in a cold saucepan and stir over medium heat. (You may substitute 1/4 cup dry red wine for some of the orange juice, if desired. It makes for a unique dessert that red wine lovers enjoy.) Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the cranberries pop and the mixture thickens, about 10 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Puree half of the mixture in a blender and combine with the other half. Chill in the refrigerator.
To Make the Crust:
- Make the graham crackers as instructed in the above link for Gluten Free Graham Crackers. Break them into smaller pieces and pulse them in food processor until crumbs form.
- To Make the Filling:
- Follow the instructions at the above link for making the no-bake cheesecake filling. Just omit the chocolate gluten free cookies. (However, you may substitute Pamela's Products Extreme Chocolate Bites for graham crackers. They're ready-made; therefore, it makes this recipe easier.) Do not refrigerate.
- Add about 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs to the bottom of eight wide-mouth glasses. Add some of the cheesecake mixture and top with the chilled cranberry compote. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.