The other day, I needed a fast, healthy, light lunch. I waited too long to eat lunch and didn’t want to ruin my dinner. My first thought was protein shakes, but I didn’t have my go to fruit, banana. Being out of them, I reached for some frozen blueberries instead. But how was I going to get full on those? Well, I found a fulfilling source of protein, oatmeal. Oats are the highest protein gluten free grain. I used a packet of Nature’s Path new Qi’a Hot Oatmeal in the Creamy Coconut flavor. The coconut flavor was overpowered by the blueberries, but it still tasted wonderful and was the perfect low-cal, healthy choice. The added grains, seeds and fiber makes it more flavorful and healthier. Plus I love anything that has a bunch of ingredients in one package. Meanwhile, you can use bananas, strawberries or your favorite fruit. Enjoy and stay healthy!
Gluten Free Oatmeal Shake
A super healthy, super nutritious, gluten free protein shake recipe. Feel good about what you put into your body without measuring tons of ingredients. Many of them are already in Nature's Path Qi'a Hot Oatmeal packs.
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk (I used my Homemade Almond Milk Recipe
- 1/3 cup blueberries (frozen or fresh), 1/2 to 1 banana, or 4 - 6 strawberries (frozen or fresh)
- 1 packet Nature's Path Qi'a Creamy Coconut Hot Oatmeal*
- 1 Tablespoon flax seed meal (brown contains more omegas than golden)
- 1 packet stevia (NOW Foods Better Stevia or NuNaturals)
- 4 ice cubes
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until creamy and you no longer hear ice cubes knocking around.
Ingredients in Nature's Path Qi'a Creamy Coconut Hot Oatmeal:*
Rolled oats*, dried coconut*, buckwheat groats*, inulin*, chia seeds*, hemp seeds*, flavor*. *Organic. Contains tree nuts (coconut). Produced in a facility that uses milk and soy.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.