One of my Facebook followers requested a recipe for a gluten free salmon recipe that did not contain soy or ginger. This one fits those requirements. Because I am not a fan of fish in general, I enjoy a sweet marinade on mine. If you do, as well, give it a try. I am sure you will save it along with your favorite gluten free salmon recipes and use for years to come.
Gluten Free Grilled Salmon: Sweet and Savory
A sweet and savory grilled gluten free salmon recipe that tempts those who not even fans of salmon.
- 3 Tablespoons light or golden brown sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons gluten free apricot jam
- 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons gluten free dijon mustard (French's or Grey Poupon)
- 1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil, plus more for grill
- Extra virgin olive oil, as needed
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets, about 1/3 lb. each
- Preheat grill to medium with the lid closed.
- In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, honey, jam and butter over medium heat.
- Remove from the burner and whisk in the mustard, vinegar and olive oil; and set aside to cool.
- Spray or spritz the grill using gluten free oil.
- Season both sides of the salmon with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the salmon skin side down on the grill.
- Baste the salmon with the brown sugar mixture; and grill for 10 to 15 minutes. Turn over once and baste the other side.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.