Are you tired of the same old vegetables? I sure am! When I created this recipe for ginger glazed carrots my first intention was to avoid granulated sugar. Before I knew it, I added ginger, but was sure if I was going to remove it or not after cooking. I didn’t remove the ginger slices and it added a bit of kick to my meal. I loved it! I’ll leave it up to you if you leave them in or not. Enjoy!
Honey Ginger Glazed Carrots
A slightly spicy and sweet glazed ginger carrots recipe. They're a welcome change to traditional glazed carrots.
- 3/4 lb. sliced carrots
- 2 x 1 1/4-inch piece ginger, thinly sliced or grated
- 2 tablespoons butter (or cold pressed coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup honey (or pure maple syrup for vegan)
- 2 tablespoons water
- Melt butter in a large non-stick skillet.
- Add carrots and ginger, stir in honey and water, and cover. Lower heat and allow to steam for 15 minutes. Raise heat to medium-high and stir using a wooden spoon until all moisture/water evaporates, leaving glazed carrots.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.