This recipe is dairy free. I had a nice ripe mango waiting for me, but I was in the mood something more creamy. The raw almond milk ice cream that I made with avocado came out wonderful, but raw almond milk ice cream with mango is very refreshing and so healthy, too! I wasn’t sure to call it dairy free sherbet or ice cream, but it tastes great! Next time I am definitely skipping the sweetener and adding bananas!
Dairy Free Sherbet: Mango Made with Homemade Raw Almond Milk
A dairy-free sherbet made with mango, homemade raw almond milk, and sweeten with agave nectar, or try adding bananas for a natural sweetness.
- 2 ripe mangos, peeled, pitted, and cut into small pieces
- 2 cups Homemade Raw Almond Milk
- 1/4 cup agave syrup (or your favorite sweetener to taste)
- Add pieces of mango into a food processor or high quality blender; add sweetener; mix until smooth.
- Add almond milk and vanilla (ensure you use the almond milk recipe link above, as it is very thick and creamy.)
- Strain it through a fine mesh strainer if you wish to remove the very few pieces of pulp, but I left all the fiber in.
- Turn on your ice cream machine and pour mixture into freezer container.
- Run until it reaches the right consistency, (about 10 - 12 minutes on my machine).
- Serve either as soft serve (immediately after making) or freeze for a firmer texture. You will need to thaw it a bit before serving if you freeze it overnight. The photo above is in soft serve form.
I tried using xylitol in this recipe, but I did not like the taste.
I just thought about this. I should have added a banana for smoothness and sweetness. You probably won't need to add a sweetener if you do.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.