I know you’re busy. We all are. So, not only can you take a break from complicated recipes, but a no bake one, too. This no bake gluten free cheesecake uses Pamela’s Products cookies in the crust. Though I have listed their Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies, you can use any flavor you desire. You can spice it up with ginger snaps, chocolate chip or, chocolate chocolate chip. Get creative!
Note: This cheesecake contains no sugar other than the sugar contained in the sweetened condensed milk.
No Bake Gluten Free Cheesecake
A no bake gluten free cheesecake, perfect when the summer heat hits or any time of the year. It's easy because you use store-bought gluten free cookies.
For the Crust:
- 1 (7-ounce) package Pamela's Products Extreme Chocolate Mini Cookies + 12 additional cookies (or Gluten Free Chocolate Wafers Recipe as needed*
- 7 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (or Earth Balance buttery spread for dairy-free)
- 2 Tablespoons granulated sugar
For the Filling:
- 2 teaspoons KNOX unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup room temperature water
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- 2 (8 oz.) packages gluten free cream cheese (Philadelphia brand), at room temperature (See tips for dairy-free substitutes)
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract (or for a whiter cake, try searching for gluten free clear liquid vanilla)
To Make the Crust:
- Place the cookies in your food processor and pulsate until they reach fine crumbs.
- Transfer the crumbs to a medium sized bowl. Add the sugar and whisk to combine them. Add the melted butter, and with your fingers mix to combine the well.
- Transfer the crumb mixture to a 9 - 10-inch springform pan, and distribute them by firmly pressing them into the pan. You can bring them up the sides a bit, if desired. Refrigerate the crust until it is firm, about 15 minutes.
To Make the Filling:
- Add 2 teaspoons gelatin to 1/4 cup room temperature water, stir, and allow to rest for 1 minute.
- Add 1/4 cup boiling water, stir; set aside to cool.
- To the bowl of your mixer, add softened cream cheese. Beat on medium speed until creamy.
- Add confectioners’ sugar, and beat on low and then medium speed until thoroughly combined.
- Pour in the cream and vanilla and beat until fluffy.
- Add the gelatin mixture and beat until combined.
- Pour the filling on top of the chilled crust and using a rubber spatula, smooth out the top . Cover it and refrigerate until it firms, approximately 4 hours. If desired, set a small amount of the filling aside and refrigerate to use as garnish.
- Remove the sides of the pan and transfer the bottom to a serving plate. If you have set aside some filling, using a pastry bag or cake decorating device fitted with a star tip, garnish the top of the cake. Add berries and mint leaves, if desired.
*Pamela's SimpleBites Mini Extreme Chocolate Cookies are no longer available. Instead, make a batch of the Crunchy Gluten Free Chocolate Wafers recipe linked above, using just 7 ounces, and omit the step of dipping them in chocolate.
**Dairy-Free Sweetened Condensed Milk Recipe
Dairy-free brands of cream cheese include Follow Your Heart (check with them to see if they are testing their products for gluten yet), and Tofutti.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.