Whether you are making my Traditional Gluten Free Truffle Recipe or the Sugar-Free Mashed Potato Truffle Recipe, this spicy seasoning is the perfect addition in which to roll them. My favorite gluten free chocolate is Dagoba’s Xocolatl. It contains chili powder. The combination of chili and chocolate is out of this world as are truffles rolled in a similar mixture.
Now, I couldn’t roll the ganache in just chili powder, but discovered a wonderful combination of sweetness and spice that I think you’ll really appreciate. I use a number of different rolling ingredients for my truffles, but this one is now my new fave! Enjoy!
Spicy Gluten Free Truffles
A flavor-packed combination of spices to bring a little kick to your gluten free truffles; to die for if you enjoy a little heat.
- 1-1/2 Tablespoons gluten free unsweetened cocoa powder (Hershey's or Ghirardelli)
- 1 Tablespoon granulated sugar (or your desired sweetener)
- 1-1/2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Make your desired truffle recipe and refrigerate until firm.
- Combine all ingredients in a shallow bowl, roll the truffles in the powder mixture and dust off the excess by shaking them over the same bowl in a large mesh strainer.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.