While I have a few recipes for chocolate chip cookies on this site, they are either double chocolate, soft, or a bit crunchy. This one is your typical chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies. I don’t know why I haven’t developed a recipe for them earlier as they are one of my favorites. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as we have.
Chewy Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Cookies
A buttery, chewy gluten free chocolate chip cookies recipe with plenty of chocolate chips - surely comfort food.
- 16 Tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup sorghum flour
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup potato starch
- 2 Tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum (or guar gum)
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 10 oz. gluten-free semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips (Nestlé's, Ghirardelli)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a separate bowl, whisk rice flour, potato starch, tapioca flour, xantham gum, salt and baking soda together and set it aside for later use.
- In the bowl of your mixer, add butter and sugar and cream together until well combined, about 1 minute.
- Add eggs and bet just until combined.
- Add milk, and vanilla and beat until thoroughly combined.
- Sprinkle in the flour mixture and mix just until combined.
- Fold in the chocolate chips using the paddle attachment or a rubber spatula.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of plastic wrap and shape into a log and wrap tightly. Refrigerate the dough for at least 30 minutes or until firm.
- Slice log into cookies, place on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spaced 2 - 3 inches apart. (They'll spread.). Bake for 14 minutes
- Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 3 - 4 minutes and then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container or freeze in a plastic zipper storage bag.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.