This gluten free gnocchi recipe is so easy! While visiting with one of my Dad’s Italian neighbors, I mentioned that I was on a gluten free diet. The woman told me that one of her close friends was also. She makes her some gluten free gnocchi once in awhile. I was going to the grocery store and asked the neighbor if there was anything she needed. She said that she wanted some rice flour to make some gluten free gnocchi. She called me to come over so that I can see how she makes it and shared her recipe with me. She froze some and sent me home with some. It freezes very well. She mentioned that gluten free gnocchi is more delicate than the gluten variety so when I tossed it with some pesto sauce I used a rubber spatula to prevent any breakage, though it really wasn’t a problem. And you can always add a touch of xanthan gum to firm it up. It worked out great, and the gluten free gnoccchi was wonderful! Enjoy!
- 4 1/2 cups riced potatoes (peeled, cooked potatoes pushed through a ricer (or colander)
- 2 cups white rice flour
- 1 1/2 large eggs beaten
- Water and salt for boiling
- Mix all ingredients together by hand; knead until it forms a ball.
- Roll a piece out into a rope, approximately 1/2" wide, and as long as you desire.
- Cut the rope into 1/2 - 3/4" pieces and roll each piece onto the top of tongs of a regular dinner fork. Rolling about 3/4 way around is sufficient. This creates a nice decorative pattern.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil; add the gnocchi and cook for approximately 4-5 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite sauce or butter (and cheese, if desired), as a first course. It makes a great alternative to pasta or soup.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
You may also be interested in Gluten Free Potato Gnocchi with a Bacon and Basil Ragu.