I absolutely love the Raw Revolution Spirulina and Cashew 100 Calorie Bar! This gluten free protein bar recipe is a healthy and tasty choice, with or without the spirulina powder. Use your favorite nuts, but cashews are my fave! Raw Revolution Spirulina and Cashew Bars are made with cashews and a bit of almonds. As an option, you can throw in some chunkier pieces of nuts at the end. Enjoy this healthy gluten free protein bar recipe. I sure have!
I absolutely love Raw Revolution Bars and now you can make my copycat recipe at any time. Super nutritious and very flavorful.
- 1 3/4 cups raw cashews, pecans, walnuts, etc. (any high fat nut)
- 14 organic medjool dates
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 3 Tablespoons flaxseed
- 2 Tablespoons agave syrup
- 2 Tablespoons raw organic spirulina powder (blue-green algae) (optional)
- 1/2 cup raw nut of your choosing (optional)
- Add nuts, dates, flaxseed, and, if using, spirulina powder, to a food processor or high-powered blender. Blend continuously for 1 minute on high.
- While machine is still running pour agave syrup into container until the mixture adheres to itself, almost formed into a single ball.
- Place nut mixture into an 8x8" pan and compress the mixture and refrigerate until firm. Cut into small pieces and store in snack size zipper storage bags. Refrigerate if not used within about 2 days.
Optional: If you like larger pieces of nuts, remove nut mixture, and set aside. Add walnuts or whichever nut you originally used (or even another nut) to the food processor and pulsate to create larger pieces than the ground nuts in the ball. Add ball back in and pulsate until blended.
These are not on the high sweet side, therefore, feel free to add additional dates or a tiny bit more agave syrup. (
And whatever you do, don't keep them in the car or your purse. They tend to soften quickly!
To make the texture creamier, roast the nuts in a baking sheet and bake at 350° for about 10 minutes. It will release the oils and provide a richer flavor. However, when you roast walnuts the flavor is depreciated.