Though many of Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing is gluten free, I thought you may appreciate a homemade recipe. When making this mock Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing gluten free, it will be the only salad dressing or vegetable dip you will ever need. People who are not on a gluten even rave about it. Enjoy!
Gluten Free Ranch Dressing Recipe
An delicious and easy, homemade gluten free ranch dressing recipe using dried herbs or fresh.
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried chives
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt, or to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3 Tablespoons gluten free sour cream*
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons mayonnaise (homemade) for yeast-free
- 1/2 teaspoon gluten free Dijon mustard (French's or Grey Poupon) (homemade and vinegar- and wine-free for yeast-free dieters)
- 1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
- In a small bowl or cup, combine dill, parsley, chives, and garlic powder, and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk buttermilk, sour cream, mayonnaise, mustard and vinegar together.
- Add seasoning mixture to wet ingredients and whisk thoroughly.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours or overnight. (The longer it rests, the more flavorful it will become.) Serve on your favorite salads or as a dip for raw vegetables.
You can also use fresh herbs instead of dry. The conversion from dry to fresh is use 1/3 the amount. For garlic powder to fresh, use 1 medium garlic clove. When using fresh herbs, the flavor develops more quickly, and it is not necessary to refrigerate, other than to chill. The purpose of refrigeration when using dry herbs is to soften them and allow the flavors to penetrate the wet ingredients.
FAQ: Is sour cream gluten free?
*A: Most brands of sour cream are gluten free. The ones to really watch out for are the ones labeled Lite or Light. Read all ingredient labels because once in a while a brand will thicken sour cream with gluten ingredients.
© Copyrighted 2010 - 2015. Carla's Gluten Free Recipe Box. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.