This rosemary chicken is another healthy, gluten free recipe contributed by Joy Bauer from her celiac disease recipe collection. Whether you grill it outdoors or use a grilling pan, this chicken recipe is almost like having breaded chicken. It has a wonderful crunch to it. Yet there is no bread or bread crumbs involved, making it low in carbs. And because you don’t use much oil, it’s low in calories, as well. It’s so simple to make and flavorful, I’ll be making this more often on weeknights, and lazy weekends. Check out my photo below. And my hats off to Joy for this wonderful recipe. Thank you Joy!
About This Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon oil, olive
- 2 teaspoon rosemary, fresh, minced
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander, ground, (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, black ground
- 4 chicken, cutlet, skinless, pounded to 1/8 " thick (6 ounces each)
- Salt, Kosher
- 1. Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat or an outdoor grill.
- Mix the oil, rosemary, paprika, chili powder, coriander (if using), and pepper in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture over the chicken and season with salt.
- Grill the chicken, turning once, for about 8 minutes, or until no longer pink and the juices run clear.
- To bake the chicken in the oven, preheat the oven to 450° F. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with nonstick olive oil spray. Place the chicken on the baking sheet and coat with olive oil spray. Bake, turning once half way through cooking, until no longer pink and the juices run clear, 6 – 7 minutes.
IBS sufferers take note: This recipe is suitable for constipation-predominant IBS and diarrhea-predominant IBS.
Serving Size: 1 chicken cutlet
Recipe copyrighted 2012 joybauer.com. Visit Joy’s site to learn more about eating healthy!