This version of the tex mex favorite salad is gluten free and hearty enough to fill your family or guests without being high in fat. It is all up to you on the final calories when you add your dressing. Serve it as is, or serve it on a bed of baby greens or your favorite lettuce. Add a bit of heat by adding salsa or spicy peppers. You can also add a bit of hot sauce to your favorite creamy dressing.
Hearty Gluten Free Salad with Feta Cheese
A hearty tex mex gluten free salad you can serve as is or atop a bed of baby greens
- 1 cob fresh or frozen corn
- 1 can gluten free kidney beans, rinsed well and drained
- 1-12 oz. mango, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1/6 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon flat leaf parsley, coarsely chopped
- 4 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 1 handful of feta cheese
- Boil the corn cob for about 8 minutes. Set it in the refrigerator to cool, about 10 minutes. Slice the corn off of the cob and cut into about 3-inch long pieces. Refrigerate to further chill and until ready to use.
- In a large bowl, toss the corn, beans, mango cubes, onion, and parsley together.
- Place this mixture onto individual plates. Add the tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Top with your favorite salad dressing. For a light dressing use fresh lime juice along with salt and pepper. You can also serve this salad over a bed a lettuce.
Add your favorite toppings like black olives, chopped bell peppers, and more.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.