No one ever suspects these pancakes to be gluten-free. These pancakes are so good, you may want to double or triple the recipe to store some in the freezer for fast breakfasts during the week.
The Story Behind the Making of the Recipe:
My father is visiting us, and I wanted to make a special breakfast for him. I made him banana pancakes the other day and had a craving for them myself. So, I whipped up a gluten-free banana pancake recipe. I used a similar recipe, which I had already altered, leaving out the refined sugar; substituted cow’s milk for a little bit more raw almond milk; used homemade gluten-free baking powder; substituted the vegetable oil for grape seed oil; and used sea salt instead of regular salt for healthier gluten-free pancakes! They rock!
Gluten-Free Banana Pancakes
A dairy-free, gluten free pancake recipe using no starch or gums, making it a healthier choice.
- 1 cup white or brown rice flour
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas
- 1 large egg, beaten, at room temperature
- 1 cup milk of your choosing
- 1 tablespoon neutral-flavored oil, for frying
- Fresh fruit, for garnish
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a separate, medium-sized bowl, mash bananas; whisk in egg and milk.
- Fold in flour mixture. The batter will be a little lumpy.
- Preheat a lightly oiled griddle, skillet, or frying pan over medium-high heat. Pour 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook until pancakes are golden brown on both sides.
- Garnish with sliced bananas or other fruit, if desired. Serve with pure/gluten-free maple syrup. Cover and refrigerate any leftovers. To reheat, microwave on low. You can also freeze them in a single layer. Then stack them in a resealable storage bag for freezing.
Consider topping with 100% organic maple syrup such as the Trader Joe's brand.
Be sure to use bananas that have black spots on them. It doesn’t matter if there are a few spots or many.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.