Traditionally, to make chicken kiev you pound out chicken breasts and roll them up. It can be a laborious task. Learn how to make this tasty gluten free chicken kiev in no time as well as the brands of gluten free breadcrumbs and even bowtie gluten free pasta brands.
Easy Gluten Free Chicken Kiev
This succulent gluten free chicken Kiev stuffed with herb butter is impressive yet so easy to make!
- 4 skinless boneless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter (or dairy-free spread), at room temperature
- 2 tablespoon finely chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped dill
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 3 large eggs (or 1/2 cup buttermilk or your favorite dairy-free milk containing gum)
- 1-1/2 cups gluten free bread crumbs ([4C plainhttps://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01C37SG8K/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=glufrerecbox-20&camp=1789&creative=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01C37SG8K&linkId=13c415b675843bc4aebe76446c431248])
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika, for color (optional)
- Olive oil, for frying
- Pound out the chicken breasts only on the thicker portions to create an even thickness in order to evenly cook. Using a sharp knife, slice into the center side of each breast and create a pocket. You shouldn't have to slice open the entire side. Just slice to the left and turn the knife in the opposite direction and slice to the right. Salt and pepper each side, to taste.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened butter, chives, and dill. Spoon half of the butter mixture into the four chicken pockets (don't overfill) and close as best as possible.
- Place the brown rice flour and if using, paprika, in a shallow dish and season with salt and pepper. Place the eggs in a separate shallow bowl and beat. Pour the breadcrumbs into yet a separate shallow bowl.
- Dredge each breast on their outsides only in rice flour, shaking off the excess flour. Dip in the beaten egg and then dredge in the breadcrumbs. To ensure you seal the pocket, dab a little egg on any opened and dredge in the breadcrumbs again. Freeze the chicken breasts for 5 minutes. (This creates a crispier crust, ensures that the butter doesn't melt out during baking, and to help seal the pocket.)
- Preheat a large skillet with a generous amount of oil. You'll know when it is ready when the oil shimmers. Don't allow it to smoke. Fry the chicken a total of 8 - 10 minutes or until cooked thoroughly, flipping over once or twice.
- Serve with your favorite side dish, which can be something as simple as pasta with butter, salt, and pepper, and a side salad.
If you're interested in serving your gluten free chicken kiev with bowtie pasta but can't find any, search for "farfalle" pasta. Farfalle is the Italian name for bowtie pasta such as Jovial Brown Rice Farfalle Pasta and Le Veneziane Italian Gluten Free Corn Pasta
4C Gluten Free Breadcrumb Ingredients: Gluten Free Crumbs (Rice Flour, Raisin Juice Concentrate, Honey and Salt).
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.