Sometimes there is confusion between crumbles, crisps and cobblers. They all contain a fruit filling topped with various ingredients. A crumble and a crisp have a crunchy topping. A crisp contains oats, where a crumble does not. A cobbler is topped with dough, much like biscuit dough. If you’re not paleo, you can add some certified gluten free oats and you’ll have yourself a gluten free peach crisp. Enjoy this gluten free paleo peach crumble!
Gluten Free Paleo Peach Crumble
Whether you are on a paleo or a gluten free diet, this gluten free paleo peach crumble recipe will do th trick in satiating your sweet cravings.
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In small saucepan, over medium heat, melt coconut butter. Brush some onto a 8 x 8 baking dish and set aside.
- Distribute the peaches in the bottom of the baking dish.
- Using your fingers or a pastry cutter, combine the almond flour, melted coconut butter, maple syrup and vanilla.
- Sprinkle on top of the peaches.
- Place on the center rack of the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until crisp on top.
If you only have coconut oil on hand, you may use it to substitute the coconut butter. Coconut butter is healthier for your, though, as it contains actual coconut, which provides you fiber.
If you are not paleo or dairy-free, you can substitute the coconut butter with real butter.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.