Bring a little fall flavor to your snacks with this gluten free pumpkin cranberry granola bars recipe. See the dairy-free substitute along with others in the Tip section. Enjoy this recipe and the fall season.
Gluten Free Pumpkin Cranberry Granola Bars
A delicious, chewy gluten free granola bar with accents of fall.
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 4 Tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 5 Tablespoons 100% pumpkin puree (Libby's)
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats (Bob's Red Mill)
- 3/4 cup almonds
- 1/2 cup Craisins (dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup raw pumpkin seeds
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/8 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350ºF with a rack on the center shelf.
- To a small saucepan, add sugar, water, butter, and pumpkin puree. Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes or until combined and all sugar melts.
- Lightly oil, or line with parchment paper, an 8 x 8-inch pan.
- Add remaining ingredients to a food processor and pour sugar mixture on top. Pulse until combined. (Leave items chopped. Do "not" pulse until they are thoroughly blended).
- Add mixture to the prepared pan and bake on center rack for about 30 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Remove from pan and slice into desired shapes.
Most spices are gluten free, but a few may contain gluten. Always read labels. McCormick brand spices always list gluten containing ingredients clearly.
You may replace all of the spices (except salt) with gluten free pumpkin spice such as McCormick brand, and add an additional teaspoon of cinnamon.
Coconut sugar and coconut butter (or coconut oil) may be substituted for the granulated sugar and dairy butter.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.