This is a pie crust that contains pecans and flour versus my Gluten Free Graham Cracker Pecan Pie Crust or Flourless Pecan Pie Crust. So, you won’t get any honey graham cracker flavor nor a solid pecan crust. It’s the perfect combination, creating the perfect texture! Just press the dough into a pie plate or springform pan. It is quite delicious without imparting any flavors besides pecan but with a perfect pie crust texture. It’s the best of both worlds! You may add cinnamon if you desire.
Stay tuned in for the caramel pecan cheesecake recipe next!
Gluten Free Pecan Pie Crust & No-Bake Pecan Caramel Cheesecake
The mixture of flour and pecans create the perfect nut crust without the use of graham crackers or that honey graham flavor.
- 1-2/3 cups ground pecans
- 2/3 cup Carla's Gluten Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon* (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt**
- 8 tablespoons cold butter
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, pecans, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Add the butter and mix until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350?F.
- Remove the dough from the refrigerator and press it into just the bottom of a springform pan or pie dish, not up the sides. If you own a Pastry Roller, use it to even out the dough.
- Bake for 15 minutes on the center shelf of the preheated oven. Ovens vary greatly and this crust must be watched carefully as nuts can taste burnt long before they darken.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a wire rack to cool prior to filling.
- Fill with your desired no-bake filling or custard filling that requires baking.
*I didn't use cinnamon in the pie you see in the photo.
**Use 1/4 teaspoon salt if you're going for that sweet and salty flavor.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.