Several weeks, perhaps months, ago, I created a combined zucchini and potato hash brown recipe. Since then, I’ve been wanting to try just zucchini hash browns. The opportunity presented itself, as someone gave us a giant zucchini. It must have been 2 feet long and 6 inches wide. There isn’t much to this recipe, but it sure is delicious…and much healthier than your typical hash browns. In addition, it is much lower in carbs than regular hash browns!
Want to change that same old zucchini recipe you've been using? Try this as a vegetable or a substitute for hash brown potatoes.
- Shredded zucchini
- Shredded yellow onion (amount to your liking - I used about 1/8 onion compared to zucchini amount.)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Extra virgin olive oil for frying
- Grated parmesan and/or romano cheese or cheese substitute (for garnish and flavor) (optional)
- Preheat oiled skillet on medium-high heat (350°F in an electric skillet).
- Mix together shredded zucchini and onion spread evenly in skillet; sprinkle with salt and pepper; fry one side until golden brown.
- One brown, turn in sections; add additional oil from the sides of the pan, if necessary; and cover.
- Remove cover and check to see if it they are brown enough. If not cook for several more minutes. Do not cover.
- Serve warm. Sprinkle with grated cheese to garnish.
© Copyrighted 2009 - 2016. Wilkins Publishers. All rights reserved. All content, photos and images are copyrighted by us or their respective owners. You must obtain permission by their owners before using any of them.
You may also like Zucchini Hash Brown Potatoes.